Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the road to credit recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the road to credit recovery

Hello all i am back to recovery after CH 7 BK 10/18/17. I burned most of the lenders in the BK to 700 plan (cap 1, chase, citi, discover, sync... i think that about covers CC's) So i am trying on my own from what i am learning, so please help if you can.

Discharged in Feb, so i tried the shopping trick, got a hard pull for Gordmans, just got approved for 200. Applied/got a Creditone 500 with a 39AF, and also got a Self lender 2 yr 25/month $526 CD loan. I want to get cap and discover back some day, and buy a house in 2-3 yrs any advice to get them back /build up a solid file? thanks CK says scores are TU626 EQ645 thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On the road to credit recovery

@Anonymouswrote:

Hello all i am back to recovery after CH 7 BK 10/18/17. I burned most of the lenders in the BK to 700 plan (cap 1, chase, citi, discover, sync... i think that about covers CC's) So i am trying on my own from what i am learning, so please help if you can.

Discharged in Feb, so i tried the shopping trick, got a hard pull for Gordmans, just got approved for 200. Applied/got a Creditone 500 with a 39AF, and also got a Self lender 2 yr 25/month $526 CD loan. I want to get cap and discover back some day, and buy a house in 2-3 yrs any advice to get them back /build up a solid file? thanks CK says scores are TU626 EQ645 thanks

Don't apply for too much.

Always practice AZEO with your credit card utilization.

Keep your inquiries low. Don't apply anywhere that isn't BK friendly.

Join PenFed or NFCU if you didn't burn them. If you do the above, they will likely approve you for a CC once you pass 1 year discharged. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On the road to credit recovery

I dont plan on applying for anymore credit for now. I "thought" i will keep my accounts good, i am also an AU on my wifes 4+ yr old Cathrines card with a 2500 limit, it survived the BK.  I have alot of closed accounts, CC's, loans, even an older car loan so i do have some positive going on. I want to groom the cards i got, and re-apply for cap in about a yer. Not sure after that, i need to let some inquires fall off, and keep accounts good then i plan to buy a house. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.