Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more month before I get discharged in Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more month before I get discharged in Chapter 7

I've checked TU (via CreditKarma) and everything show as  - $0 Closed - except for a car loan that is current and open. I actually want to keep it as "stay and pay". However Equifax shows the car loan as closed. My score jumped 96 points. Now it's 45 points higher than the day before I filed BK even though I was 100% on time with payments before filing. So now I'm around 550. I applied for CreditOne Visa, got approved for $300 and in the approval they state the Experian score is 596. What a differrence from TU and EQ. I think I will follow basically "700 in 24" route.  I'm very happy for the time being.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One more month before I get discharged in Chapter 7

Sounds good to me , I discharge on the 3rd of july(if all goes good) After I filed on the 30th of March I was not late on any debts..... BUT once the BK hit my CR My scores went from mid 600's down to the low 400's . Once all my tons of Debt showed Zero Balances MY score they all shot up to upper 600's ! The only thing I'm worried about is EX has now listed all my debts as late x2 each one ,Crazy ! I'll deal with that once I receive my Discharge ! Seems like you and I might of filed pretty close to the same date . Good Luck in the future ! 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you figure your discharge is on 3rd of July? Approximately? I think i was inaccurate in stating 100% on time payment on everything, as I noticed one Cap1 card was 60 days past due. Both TU and EX shows no late payments (Times 30/60/90 days late 0/0/0). It remains to be seen what will happen to the reports after discharge. I think they can only report as late up to the date of filing BK. You should be able to clean up those things soon. I filed a couple of weeks later than you in California. (April 12)

I found this thread for rebuilding after DC. A good read.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maxo-bk 

The reason I stated the dc date of July 3rd is because I have a pacer account and its states all my creditors have until july 2nd to file a complaint ,SO I see that date as myself being in the free and clear and Discharging soon . I too Live in California and filed in Riverside . Looks like I filed 12 days before you , I'll let you know if my credit score changes .... like they say "" Time is on our side "" Good luck Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Of Today I am DC July 9th ,thought I's pass it on to you ! Good Luck Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Only a few days from July 3rd. I'll probably get DC in about 2 weeks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.