Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Collections account after Discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Collections account after Discharge

Hello all,

I was discharged on 07/29/19, chapter 7 and have a company by the name of Collection Professionals who is still reporting my (medical bills) accounts as Open, 7 total. I called them on 08/15/19, the Supervisor was extremely rude and said they had not received my discharge letter and would not be closing it until them. I told them that was fine, but would also mail them a copy. That was two weeks ago and they STILL have it open. I even highlighted their name listed on my creditors list. What else can I do? Should I have my lawyer mail them something. Their office is 10 minutes away from my work and I honestly feel like going in there personally and delivering them another copy. 

It's affecting my credit score which I'm trying to rebuild so I can buy a car next month. I have put off buying a car for 2 years due to bad credit and finally getting my bankruptcy done so I just want it closed out. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Open Collections account after Discharge

I'd take a copy of the DC to their office since its so close. Hand it to them and tell them you also have advised your lawyer of their violation of the BK code and you'll be more than happy to have the lawyer file an injunction for violating the BK laws in turn which could lead to a $1000 fine including court cost and lawyer fees in your favor.

Message 2 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I'd take a copy of the DC to their office since its so close. Hand it to them and tell them you also have advised your lawyer of their violation of the BK code and you'll be more than happy to have the lawyer file an injunction for violating the BK laws in turn which could lead to a $1000 fine including court cost and lawyer fees in your favor.

+1

That should work , I bet they move real quickly.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

+1

That should work , I bet they move real quickly.

I can see it now. but but but........Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone. I'm going in today with a copy of my discharge and I'll let you know how it goes! 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update: my lawyer adviced me mail the letter and not take it in. He said it would be proof that they received it, as opposed to me going in and no actual proof. I told them to close the accounts up, so far nothing but I'll give it another week or so before my Lawyer has to get involved.

Message 6 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick update: my lawyer adviced me mail the letter and not take it in. He said it would be proof that they received it, as opposed to me going in and no actual proof. I told them to close the accounts up, so far nothing but I'll give it another week or so before my Lawyer has to get involved.

Keep us updated please. Good Luck!

Message 7 of 12
tebtengri
Contributor

Any update?
Message 8 of 12
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Did they even update it at all back when you first filed to show bankruptcy filed status?

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They deleted it a week after I sent the certified letter Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.