Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Discharging Chapter 7 Debtor

tag
hashtag
Valued Member

Order Discharging Chapter 7 Debtor

It has been nearly 4 long months from the date of filing and as of 2 days ago, I have officially been discharged.  I cannot express how great it feels knowing that I can finally start over with the knowledge and lessons learned from the past. Thankful there is a community of people that were able to help with this difficult process.

For my rebuild, I will wait 30 days from DC before I do anything as several have mentioned. Should I then start with a credit card or self lender? I burned Cap1 and Disc so those are really an option to start with. I do not have any installments as I surrendered car and will not be getting one for a while. 

C7 Filed: 5/17/19
341: 7/1/19
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Order Discharging Chapter 7 Debtor

Message 2 of 5
twono
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations......except for the 4 mo part?

I thought/was hoping for a DC at 90 days or maybe a week after the 90 day mark, but an extra 30 days?  I won't make it. lol.

I'm at day 82 since filing.

Message 3 of 5
hashtag
Valued Member

I think the the district I belong to is slower than most along with the trustee taking his time on reporting the results of MOC. You might be close to your mark, but either way as long as it happens who cares!

C7 Filed: 5/17/19
341: 7/1/19
Message 4 of 5
mystikal1
Established Contributor

FYI even though you are Discharged, congrats, you will still have to wait for it to be closed. Thats what I am waiting for now. Sigh.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.