cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ouch! my transunion score just fell by 51 pts and I didn't do anything wrong

tag
rodge

Ouch! my transunion score just fell by 51 pts and I didn't do anything wrong

Two weeks ago I had recovered my TU to 674 (BK CH 7 discharged in March-2010; at which time my score was at an all-time low of 500).

Then over the holidays, I legitimately questioned a creditor that was still showing a 60-day past due on the TU account (I usually just focus on equifax; but I had time). I checked the TU report this AM on myfico.com (expecting it to have increased my score and wham! - down 51 pts to 623.

Now - the #2 reason for what is hurting my score is "recently missed a payment or had a derogatory indicator reported on your credit report (1 month ago)".

(#1 reason - obviously the public record of bk).

No such notation on the report dated Jan 12th.

Scanning thru closely between the reports dated 12th Jan and the 21st Jan - there are no late payments showing ( i am super careful about that these days)

The only real activity was that the account that I had questioned had changed "Status as of" Jan-2011; whereas in the earlier report it had Dec-2009.

This account is being reported as "unrated", but the account description / remark is "chapter 7 bankruptcy".

SO my FICO score looks to being based as though the BIG derogatory happened in jan-2011 and not my filing date of Dec-2009.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Please please - someone advise me how to get this unfair reporting corrected. How can I question inaccuracies - if the clock gets appear to get reset each time.

Should I request TU report all the accounts as "included in bankruptcy"; rather than "unrated"? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ouch! my transunion score just fell by 51 pts and I didn't do anything wrong

Locking this thread to direct answers to a duplicate thread here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Ouch-My-TU-score-just-fell-by-51-pts-and-i-di....

Please don't cross post. It confuses everyone when they try and answer the same question on different boards.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.