cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owed taxes from prior year not displaying?

tag
CornChipPaws
Established Member

Owed taxes from prior year not displaying?

I owed taxes for 2021, nominal $800. I want to pay it but when I look at the IRS website it said it's included in bankruptcy. My charge off was September. I've tried calling them... will it reopen in a few more months or do I need to wait an hour on hold to get to someone? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Owed taxes from prior year not displaying?

Did you include them in your BK? All creditors are notified when you file. Even the IRS. If owed. They will take it from your refund. If not. It was DC. Look on your list and see if you lawyer included them.

Message 2 of 4
CornChipPaws
Established Member

Yes, they were listed with the amount owed. My student loans were, too ... those unfortunately never disappeared even for a minute haha. I just filed on turbo tax. I tried to say I owed tax for prior year but it wouldn't go through. It has already processed my full refund. I figured if I just pushed it thru maybe IRS would catch it as it was being submitted but I got alerted today it's been approved and I'll be getting the refund shortly. I tried to call the IRS this morning but couldn't figure out how to get thru to anyone. Should I put it in a small escrow account just in case they want their money and want to charge a bunch of fees or somethin?

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

My BK was mostly the IRS. Long story. They chased me for 16 yrs and caught up. They held my refund every year during that time. Once filed it was all DC in BK. 2 months later I got my refund for the first time. So it may have met all requirements and been DC'ed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.