Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PACER

tag
bshockley1981
New Contributor

PACER

Finally filed our BK7 Wednesday and was advised to get a PACER account to watch the status of my bankruptcy.  Just noticed that on the creditor list, one of my creditors was bypassed for notice due to undeliverable address.   What happens with this?  I imagine my attorney will take notice but really want to make sure they get notice. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Re: PACER

I had something similar happen.  I had a debt from a small time lender and I included them in my BK.  They were notified but didn't file a claim and didn't show up to the 341.  About 6 months after my discharge, I was served papers.  They were suing me.  They claimed they never received notice and that they weren't offered the opportunity to file a claim or come to the 341.  I called my BK attorney and he said it wasn't a problem and that it would be solved.  The day of my notice to appear before the court my attorney walked over to their attorney, said about 5 words and that was it.  Lawsuit dropped.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PACER

You can also just do your own leg work, and call the creditor yourself and give them your BK info. They can check PACER themselves and verify it. And/OR you can send them copies of your BK paperwork yourself.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.