Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pacer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pacer

Hello,
I reached out to the attorney and she stated she filed yesterday. I asked for case number. She gave it to me but I searhed Pacer and couldn't find anything for that case. Does it take 24 hours?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gorgon
Established Contributor

Re: Pacer

I think it can take a few hours to show up, but I was never able to find mine by the case number, only with my SS#.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We filed on the 7th.  I have not looked. What exactly does the PACER do? What gets posted along the way to discharge that we want to look up? I have not researched PACER but I see people post about it. Is it worth it? TIA

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am correct and don't quote me, it allows you to see documents uploaded by the court. I was finally able to locate mine. So it shows my petition. Soon it will show a date for creditor meeting. Etc. They said it would get mailed put if you have PACER you can see it sooner. You have to link a card. It's .10 for each page up to 30 pages. So my bk petition was 66 pages and I paid 3 dollars to view it. I think it's worth it to see everything sooner than you would get it in the mail.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thanks!!
Message 5 of 7
gorgon
Established Contributor

Just an FYI, if you don't view more than $15 worth of documents per quarter, you will not be billed for them.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also call (866) 222-8029. This is the National Bankruptcy Information Hotline. You can get free information about debtors cases on this automated system via a case number or SSN.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.