Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit and PayPal

tag
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

PayPal Credit and PayPal

PayPal Credit is one of my creditors I'll be getting my debt cleared from after my Ch7 BK.

Obviously I'll lose the PayPal Credit portion of my account.  The PayPal Credit account is linked to a normal PayPal account as well. No money is in it. Does anyone have any exprierence with this? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit and PayPal

You will not lose your PayPal account just the PayPal credit portion and I think the ability to reapply in the future for it. I included PayPal credit in my ch7 in 2017 & still use my PayPal account monthly.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can confirm, your Paypal account should be fine if you IIB Paypal Credit.

Message 3 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I've had a PayPal account since 2005 and it survived just fine through my 2010 BK7.

And actually my PayPal Credit account also survived just fine through my 2010 BK7. That was back when it was called Bill Me Later, I hadn't used it in awhile so $0 balance and it was not included on my list of debts. It was Comenity Bank then and I had no others accounts with them so they were never notified of my filing. A few months after discharge I was cleaning out a file cabinet with old credit files and found the Bill Me Later account, I had forgotten about it. I logged in and it was still active with a $2k CL, I still have it, but now $4k CL.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.