Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying NavyFed off WHILE IN Chpt 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying NavyFed off WHILE IN Chpt 13

Helloooo FICO FAM. It's me again. lol. So I am currently 6 payments in my Chapter 13. I got the total amount I owe Navy Fed, which is 590.00. They are currently included in my BK. How do I go about paying off that balance so I can open secured products with them? Or is that even an option? I wanted to get some advice before I contact my lawyer office this afternoon. As always, THANK YOU in advance for any feedback! :-)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying NavyFed off WHILE IN Chpt 13

Just talk to your lawyer.

Message 2 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just talk to your lawyer.

100% agree here. 

IMO - paying a creditor outside of the BK while still in the BK will show a definitive preferential treatment of a creditor and pose some serious risks.  

Message 3 of 4
WD2005
Contributor

If that debt is included in your BK13 the trustee is the one who decides when to pay it. It's possible that since it's such a low amount that the trustee may pay it off before your plan ends. Are you signed up for NDC? You can disbursements to your creditors there. I'm 54 payments into mine and my Trustee paid all the unsecured creditors already. Only secured and priority are remaining. In my case its taxes and an auto loan.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.