Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment History

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment History

Is there anyway to get old creditors to update payment history? That’s impacting my FICO Scores...since they’re all charged off, shouldn’t the credit history be eliminated?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Payment History

GW Letters Technique by BBS, https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-

Delinquencies remain on the credit report for seven years, so the account will show the late payment and charge off history for seven years from the original delinquency date. The original delinquency date is the date of the first missed payment that led up to the charge off status.

Once the seven year period is up, the negative information will be removed automatically.

Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Payment History

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there anyway to get old creditors to update payment history? That’s impacting my FICO Scores...since they’re all charged off, shouldn’t the credit history be eliminated?

No. They are reporting correctly. If you were late on an account, and it was charged off prior to you filing for BK, then they have every right to report all the lates, as they are reporting correctly. They CANT however, report anything negative like lates etcc AFTER your file date. 

Sometimes after your BK has been DC'ed, the accts will just "fall off" your reports, especially in a no-assest BK7. The few collections I did have fell off a few months after my DC, and a few other IIB's as well. But, there were some stubborn ones that left them, and I cant do anything about it, as they are reporting correctly. 

Those negatives follow the DOFD rule. In my case, my DOFD was 3-5/2012, so the rest of my negatives will fall off in the next few months from my reports, leaving just my BK in the PR. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.