Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed BK friendly for membership?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed BK friendly for membership?

Does PenFed usually approve membership if my chapter 13 is only a year old? Want to get my foot in with another credit union that is bk friendly. I know they pull EQ for membership and that's my highest score at 598.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed BK friendly for membership?

@Anonymous wrote:
Does PenFed usually approve membership if my chapter 13 is only a year old? Want to get my foot in with another credit union that is bk friendly. I know they pull EQ for membership and that's my highest score at 598.

They will most likely only give you a savings account, but not a checking. You have to have a certain credit score in order for them to deem you worthy for a checking account. Risk based lending starts with them at 621 for the lowest tier for loan products.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to app for membership with one of the smaller CU's they are merging with on May 1st... If MFED approves me for membership I can get a checking, savings, and secured card that all transfers over to PenFed on May 1st 😎
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHA NICE.

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They will most likely only give you a savings account, but not a checking. You have to have a certain credit score in order for them to deem you worthy for a checking account. Risk based lending starts with them at 621 for the lowest tier for loan products.

Depends...They gave me one with savings opening, and the $500 thrify CLOC.  Ive since then closed the checking/CLOC because I had too many checking accts at various institutions, and was hard to keep up with it all...So I just have my CC $5k, and savings with them now. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.