cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed/NavyFed Auto Loan BK Friendly?

tag
southernblueeyes
Contributor

Re: PenFed/NavyFed Auto Loan BK Friendly?

I got an auto loan with NFCU 7 months post BK7 discharge at 8.49%.  Refinanced 4 months later with PenFed at 5.6%. 

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,000
PenFed Power Cash Rewards $12,500
Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Capital One Savor $15,000
PenFed Pathfinder $10,000
Message 11 of 16
Goal7502022
Established Member

I was approve for Navy Fed at 6.99% one year post BK but I wound up going with Capital One as they approved me at 4.67%

;;

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for an auto loan today with penfed at 5.6%! I was discharged end of April this year, the 23rd I believe. I have Navy Federal with a secured card with them that just graduated this month to $2000 as well as a secured share loan but they denied me left and right for anything else including the auto loan Smiley Sad I have been with them since 2007. I literally just joined Penfed today and figured I might as well try and I got an instant approval for just under 27k. So I'd say they are definitely more lienent with BK's when compared to Navy Federal, in my experience at least.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreyb80 would you share more about your scores and cards you got with PenFed while being in BK13?

Message 14 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreyb80 would you share more about your scores and cards you got with PenFed while being in BK13?

My scores at the time were around the mid 600s.  I've been rebuilding while in 13 since 2018, filed 13 in 2016.  Before the vehicle I had a a credit card and a checking account with them.  Since  then I now have 3 cards with them and a personal loan.  They're pretty great to work with honestly.  The process, once approved, is simple.  I requested a check for the exact amount of the vehicle.  They sent the check via overnight express and I gave it to the dealership.  

Message 15 of 16
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

I have accounts at both Penn and Navy. I have a CH7 15 mo discharged. 

Navy had secured card graduated to $2000 CLI to $3500 denied auto loan denied personal loans.

Penn I have CC was $3000 CLI to $7500. Auto loan $30k. denied personal loan

FICO scores mid 600's Utilization 2%. Income 100k range. Never had late payment until day I filed CH7.

What I would have done different.. only open secured card that should graduate with Navy and never apply to Navy for any other product. I feel I have wasted inquiries with Navy I would stick with Penn. Just my 2 cents

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.