Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfect credit before BK 7....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect credit before BK 7....

Hi;

I had a 720 credit score before I filed my BK 7. (I filed due to just too much debt- but NO late payments when filing). I re-affirmed my car only. 

I am in NC. I have been discharged about 3 months. Some accounts prior to my BK that were paid off, like the selling of a home and some other accounts, were listed as "Paid in full" prior to BK. Afterwards, they ALL show as "Closed". Is this normal? I would think my credit report would not affect those previous accounts that were in good standing and that I did not include. Any advice? I am sure having accounts showing "paid in full or paid as agreed" would be helpful. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Perfect credit before BK 7....

Paid in full vs closed makes no difference to your score as long as it does not show you have a balance. Those closed accounts will still report for 10 years and positively affect the age part of your score.

What you need to look out for is make sure none of those accounts say IIB “included in bankruptcy”. As long as it does not say that you are good. Of course accounts that were IIB should say that. Good luck

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Perfect credit before BK 7....

Thanks so much! It is just weird how they changed from "Paid in Full" to closed. But glad to hear there is no negative affect with those. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.