Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfect credit until eBay and Google didn't play nice--what to do with NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect credit until eBay and Google didn't play nice--what to do with NFCU

i sell online.  6 figures in sales a year. Been selling for 15 years but not at that volume and always worked full time in the legal profession. 

earlier this year, Google decided to take eBay out of their search engine. Search for a zippo lighter on Google there would be NO ebay hits.  Needless to say I lost about $30-40k in the 3-4 months it took those 2 to play nice in the sandbox.  I ended up being broke enough to file Chapter 7

i had a flagship reward cc with NFCU, a current car loan and a signature loan. Credit unions like to cross collateralize. They take everything you owe and tack it on to the secured loan which in this case was the car. Then you lose car because you cannot afford it. But they didn't do that with me. And according to their calculations I have $3,000 in equity in the car.  The trustee didn't take car even though I have another car so what gives?  As soon as bk is discharged I am selling car. Do you think I could get another loan with NFCU?  They seem to be playing nice with me.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Perfect credit until eBay and Google didn't play nice--what to do with NFCU

If you burn them on the unsecured credit, they are highly unlikely to to give you any new credit. However, it may be too soon to know that your car is not cross collateralized. Will they let you reaffirm just the "car debt"? 

A trustee usually does not want to bother with a $3000 car equity. After the costs of storing it, selling it, and paperwork, there is usually nothing left  to pay anything to creditors. In your case, the trustee was probably being practical, instead of being nice to you. Finally, perhaps your car equity is exempt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.