Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan after Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal Loan after Bankruptcy

Hi! Need help please 😩😅Would anyone have any advice or happen to know anything about personal loans and or required credit rating for approval for my credit below? Or recommended places I can go to for personal loans, online or otherwise? Maybe CU but I need to apply for loan ASAP- My bk discharged June 2017, I need a $10k to $14k personal loan, I was approved for a mortgage & we found out during loan commitment they coded my house short sale March 2018 & not June 2018 by mistake & it'll take months to correct & my bf is getting mortgage himself but we have to pay off his student loans 1st 🤦🏼‍♀️ (Asap) & I'm trying not to apply several places. One car loan 2/19 $20k owed never late- Cap one quicksilver $300 limit $0 balance 2 missed payments 14 months ago none since, auth user on bf cap one $500 limit ($499 owed bc our scheduled payment processed after weekend after statement printed this month🤦🏼‍♀️Already paid month-never late) students loans $25k on time no payments due 12 years, 1 charge off kohls reported as bankrupcy & charge off (trying to fix) thanks in advance! Any help is greatly appreciated! 
My scores are:

experian 

FICO 8: 606 

FICO 2: 🏠654    🚘647    💳621

FICO 8 🚘 573 💳 571

FICO 3 💳 651

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Loan after Bankruptcy

NFCU *maybe*, but that'd be a stretch

There's also the subprime lenders with 25-40% APRs on PLs that may give you something, but it'd be unwise to ever use them (OneMain). If you only do regular payments you'd pay about the same amount you want or more in interest.

Message 2 of 7
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

If you have or get a membership with PenFed, they have reasonable rates on their personal loans and NO origination fees. They're also BK-friendly.

If PenFed is a no-go, maybe try a lender like Marcus by Goldman Sachs or BestEgg. Both of these have BK seasoning requirements, but as of last checking, you meet that with 3+ years.

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 3 of 7
mich800
Regular Contributor

Maybe I am just confused.  But why do you need the personal loan?  The student loan should have much more favorable terms than a personal loan.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous thank you for replying! I don't care right now about sub prime if we have to, only because my boyfriend and I make enough and will pay it back fast. He just got promoted from Apprentise to Journeymen in roofers Union (almost $10 an hour raise $44.40 an hour plus overtime, this helps tremendously) & I make a little less but similar. Not trying to be funny just honest because we thought we cleared all these issues before we started looking getting pre-approved with lender until we were sent to underwriter and found out my house sale was coded as short sale by mistake & not on my credit but same as foreclosure & his student loans he went through rehabilitation on for 9 months? They won't come off caders report until February only because of coronavirus & presidents freeze on gov Ed loans, only thing we can do is pay them in full! We have money saved but for fha & remainder of closing we need extra $$ in bank for closing due to his credit score since I can't be on it now so we need to get personal loan (just me) but we can & will pay it off quickly with tax returns etc too. I really just need loan recommendations because I don't know exactly where to start but I did have a $3200 loan with Avant from 2018 that I paid off 1.5 years early in May 2020 so maybe they will help? It's so stressful 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mich800 wrote:

Maybe I am just confused.  But why do you need the personal loan?  The student loan should have much more favorable terms than a personal loan.

The student loans are coming up on cavers

report and we can't get an fha loan unless that's removed. He went thru rehabilitation but they say due to president's executive order they can't change status until January. Makes no sense to me. I don't even care about loans apr etc we know we can pay it off by early next year & we need pay loans in time to get mortgage commitment by 11/6 (takes  48 hours to remove loans from cavers) 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u! Bc of my the short sale which was dated wrong I won't be at 3 years until March 2021 which is causing the problem that is keeping me from being on the loan from this house. I'm trying to get the loan so we can pay his student loans that are still in default category & on cavers report causing the issue. We can pay it off quickly in next 6 months but will lose this house if we can't get a loan to pay off loans asap & I don't know where to start I'm afraid of applying at multiple places 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.