Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal liability on mortgage?

tag
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

Re: Personal liability on mortgage?

A while back I actually asked a bankruptcy lawyer about this, and his response was that the modification effectively constituted a reaffirmation of the loan. Now that lawyer was provided by a real estate agent trying to convince me to sell the house, so I'm not certain I can trust his opinion. Is it possible that local law would interpret the modification in this light?

FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal liability on mortgage?

@8bitmachinegun wrote:

A while back I actually asked a bankruptcy lawyer about this, and his response was that the modification effectively constituted a reaffirmation of the loan. Now that lawyer was provided by a real estate agent trying to convince me to sell the house, so I'm not certain I can trust his opinion. Is it possible that local law would interpret the modification in this light?

The only way you're likely to get a real answer to this is by paying an attorney to represent you. An attorney who represents someone else is not working for you.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.