cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom "recent missed payment" on TU?

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Phantom "recent missed payment" on TU?

Hi everyone.

So my BK was discharged in early July. All my reports are updated, my student loans are reporting again (newest scores in sig), but there's one issue I can't figure out to save my life.

Equifax and Experian all show most "recent missed payment" as 5 months ago, which would be in March when my BK was filed. TU shows 1 month... and I have no idea why. I've combed through my reports, including one from today, and there is nothing with a late payment recently anywhere. I don't understand why it doesn't say 5 months like the other reports and think that's what is holding my score down on TU because all the information is identical (except TU and EQ still count two old AUs I'm no longer on in my age of accounts (7yr11mo) while EX doesn't have them listed so my AAoA is 5yr10mo).

Any ideas of what I can do? Are they counting my bk discharge as the most recent late because otherwise I'm completely boggled right now and don't know if I can dispute this or not without an account to point at.

Also, TU wasn't showing my car loan as closed and IIB, so I disputed it... and it was updated, but then... well, the tradeline was removed from all 3 of my reports.

Anyway, I appreciate any insight you all can give me, if any. thanks!

FICO 8 on 5/31/19 ~~ EQ: 608, TU: 545, EX: 585
BK 7 DC'd 7/9/19
FICO 8 on 08/12/19 ~~ EQ: 658, TU: 623, EX: 627
FICO 9 on 8/12/19 ~~ EQ: 649, TU: 653, EX: 626

Credit One $650, Indigo $300, NFCU nRewards Secured $300

EQ FICO 9 from NFCU on 8/10/19: 667
3 REPLIES 3
Valued Member

Re: Phantom "recent missed payment" on TU?

Does anyone have any idea? Or is this just not the right place to ask?

FICO 8 on 5/31/19 ~~ EQ: 608, TU: 545, EX: 585
BK 7 DC'd 7/9/19
FICO 8 on 08/12/19 ~~ EQ: 658, TU: 623, EX: 627
FICO 9 on 8/12/19 ~~ EQ: 649, TU: 653, EX: 626

Credit One $650, Indigo $300, NFCU nRewards Secured $300

EQ FICO 9 from NFCU on 8/10/19: 667
Message 2 of 4
Established Member

Sometimes it takes the more knowledgeable people time to answer. They dont hover on the boards all the time.

I will say I ran into that same issue. I have a reaffirmed account that has never had a missed payment. I'm actually about a month ahead on them. TU did the same garbage.

TU has been a nightmare to deal with. They reject the disputes and generally seem to not want to correct anything. Even the company I have the loan through has tried updating it to reflect correctly.
Message 3 of 4
Senior Contributor

First call the creditor and ask if they updated everything correctly. Tell them the situation. They dont want to risk going against BK laws. If they say its ok on their end. Then file a compliant with the CFPB and provide (upload) the documents that show your File Date and DC and a copy of the late that is showing up after you BK filing. That should take care of it. Good Luck!

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.