Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post 13 life...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post 13 life...

Dude... I totally understand that! I was the same way. The wife (now ex wife) and I were making $175k/yr and when she let a couple of credit card payments get missed and the fees and interest rate went to outer space I just said screw it and we did a 13. We got on the 100% plan but without accruing interest and fees and after 48 payments I got rid of her. I paid the remaining 12 payments and came out much, much better off.
Message 11 of 15
teflon_Cat

You got rid of her? Lol... How much was your loan payment and total payment to the trustee? I am in the process now of filing 13. I am currently 6 months behind home loan, 3 months behind car loan. My lawyer said i need to make 910 days since I got the car to cram it down. Auto loan is 3% and home loan is 3.3% on FHA. I fell behind during divorce, and outrageous child support payment. I am now in a better job so want to save home & car, I can get other cards later down the road. Don't really need anything but those two for now.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

About $1800 a month for 60 months. We were never behind on the house or cars. The house was excluded but we weren't allowed to exclude the cars. The last year of payments were a bit of a struggle but we worked out a deal in the divorce that I paid them all and she gave up her part of the house so it all worked out.

Message 13 of 15
teflon_Cat

Thanks man. I recently got sued by a local cu for a PLOC that I had go bad they got a judgment as well so I def gotta file to protect home, and new job so that I can survive. $1,800 a month is very high, you still had to pay regular home loan, car payments out of the plan right?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still had the regular mortgage payment but no car payments. Mortgage, Chp 13 payment, and utilities. It wasn't too bad for a year.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.