Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post BK cards major players and burns

tag
kerinmiami
Regular Contributor

Post BK cards major players and burns

Hi everyone. I looked a number of cards to apply for post BK. All of which, whether, I liked it or not are going to get burned during the BK process or will get burned. 

Citi - burned - can apply 2 years post BK (according to their guildlines)

Discover - burned -  I don't know the time line post BK

Cap One - burned -  I don't know the time line post BK

BOA - burned - I don't know the time line post BK

Credit One - burned - I don't know the time line post BK - and they suck big time on U/S I can only imagine post BK

WF I never had I don't know the time line. Post BK but I can deposit up to 10K but I would need to open a WF bank account.

These are the banks I found out about. The other lower brand cards just suck a** I am really not interested in them. They have so many fees. 

Please advise anyone! I would appreciate it very much so.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Post BK cards major players and burns

@kerinmiami wrote:

Hi everyone. I looked a number of cards to apply for post BK. All of which, whether, I liked it or not are going to get burned during the BK process or will get burned. 

Credit One - burned - I don't know the time line post BK - and they suck big time on U/S I can only imagine post BK

WF I never had I don't know the time line. Post BK but I can deposit up to 10K but I would need to open a WF bank account.

These are the banks I found out about. The other lower brand cards just suck a** I am really not interested in them. They have so many fees. 

Cap one will be the most forgiving and probably shortest time frame

Discover I believe will eventually forgive, just not sure time frame.

Citibank no way in heck 2 years post BK, they have an extremely long memory.

WF they too have a long memory along with BOA.

Credit One shouldn't matter they are ones to avoid when rebuilding 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 5
kerinmiami
Regular Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@kerinmiami wrote:

Cap one will be the most forgiving and probably shortest time frame

Discover I believe will eventually forgive, just not sure time frame.

Citibank no way in heck 2 years post BK, they have an extremely long memory.

WF they too have a long memory along with BOA.

Credit One shouldn't matter they are ones to avoid when rebuilding 

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerinmiami wrote:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737/page/...- Very good information here. Lots of cards and suggestions and a list compiling all the known forgiveness of certain creditors. 

I personally obtained CapitalOne a week out of BK 7 discharge. Since then Ive obtained a car loan, bank account, two credit cards and a savings account with them. They are very forgiving and great for rebuild to the big boys. 

Dont bother with BofA or Discover. Both I recently apped for and they told me I need 2 years before theyll let me back in. But YMMV.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Citi is 2 yrs post BK for their SECURED card, and 4+ years min post BK for others. Just really depends on several things..I was 6 yrs plus 1 mo post DC when I got the Costco Visa, and they were IIB.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.