Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Ch. 7 “unrated” payment status

tag
bman86
Regular Contributor

Post Ch. 7 “unrated” payment status

I’m about 2 years post discharge on my Ch. 7. I’ve noticed my Transunion FICO score is much lower than my other two scores (approximately 20pts).

Reviewing the accounts IIB I noticed that pretty much all my accounts on Transunion show a payment status of “unrated” and most do not even have a comment of bankruptcy where the same accounts show IIB under payment status.

Could this be hurting my score? I can’t see why else my Transunion score is so much lower.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Post Ch. 7 “unrated” payment status

All accounts no matter what bureau should state IIB and 0 balance. No data or unrated is basically nothing was reported that month. TU was my lowest for 3 years due to less accounts and younger oldest accounts compared to EX and EQ.

Is this what the other CRA's say? They are reporting correctly? "where the same accounts show IIB under payment status".

Message 2 of 4
bman86
Regular Contributor

Correct so for most trade lines they will say IIB under payment status. Except for Transunion, under payment status it says “unrated. “
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

While an IIB mention in the comments is scored negatively, don't be concerned about "unrated". FICO is indifferent to that. Its a TU thing. I looked all around the site. @Tuscani has some of the most comments on unrated in the past.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.