Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post filing (how am I feeling)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post filing (how am I feeling)

I would like to say that the new layout on here is nice. Loving it. I haven't been on the site in some time. I am 1 year and two months post filing for BK 13. And, I would have to say that, I'm feeling pretty good. If you read through my back story, before filing, I had my reservations about filing, was a bit scared, and a tad bit emotional (as I can imagine most people would be). I have not attempted to acquire any kind of credit, whatsoever. It is amazing the things that you can go without when you don't have an option. I just pray that all stays on track and in 3 years and 8 months (whew, that sounds like a long time...hehehe) I will be done with my payment plan and out of BK. I do hope that everyone else is okay.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Post filing (how am I feeling)

Hopefully you can get out of it early, I had a 5 year plan that I finished in 2 years because life was on my side.

One thing I wish I did though was get secured cards while in BK 13, I didn't know it was allowed in my case and I could have started my rebuilding way way earlier. Its something you might want to check out, ask your lawyer if secured cards are allowed. If so you can get a huge head start on rebuilding. I am 9 months post discharge and working hard to rebuild. I was about 500 when I got discharged and now in the upper 600s, except for darn TU stuck in the 620s. I bet I could be in the 700s already if I opened some secured before I got discharged.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post filing (how am I feeling)

Thank you for the advise. I will definitely ask my lawyer and look into it. Happy New Year! And, about the finishing early...I so hope I can. I pray about it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.