Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualify on Capital One site

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Qualify on Capital One site

Hello Fellow Bankruptees (It sounded good in my head Smiley Very Happy),

I am discovering that my credit reports, or the agencies, are being stubborn and slow about removing negative items. Experian seems to report that I haven't even seen a bankruptcy, while Transunion and Equifax are reporting correctly. I've tried CreditOne and Merrick Bank pre-qual sites, as well as Capital One. Up until this morning (11/8/2018) I was denied on every site. Today Capital One seems to offer me the Platinum and the QuickSilver, while Merrick and CreditOne continue to deny. I noticed CreditOne pulls the Experian score, so until that report is fixed CreditOne will escape me, and I'm sure Merrick Bank pulls the same one.

My real question is about the Capital One pre-qual. Should I trust this pre-qual offer? Should I apply and hope for the best? I'm also attempting to get a car loan because I'm car-less currently. I also would love feedback on the other sites.

Thanks Everyone!

4 REPLIES 4
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualify on Capital One site

Merrick bank pulls Transunion.  I just got the card last month so that is how I know. 

From what I read on this forum Capital Once pre-qualifier is pretty solid.  I think your chances of approval are good if you were already pre-qualied. 

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

About 6 months after my BKDC I applied for the Cap1 Platinum & was given a $1k SL, then quickly bumped up several times to $3.5k. Cap1 likes to see lots of use, but paid in full every month. Take care of it & they will keep bumping you. Burn them & it will haunt you for a long time. Speaking from experience...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank fr the response. My wife is familiar with the Capital One site also and she advised me to believe what I was reading. The Merrick pre-qual site keeps rejecting me, so I will not apply. Do you know what score Merrick is looking for? I'd rather start with Merrick because its a VISA and I visit Costco very often...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

About 6 months after my BKDC I applied for the Cap1 Platinum & was given a $1k SL, then quickly bumped up several times to $3.5k. Cap1 likes to see lots of use, but paid in full every month. Take care of it & they will keep bumping you. Burn them & it will haunt you for a long time. Speaking from experience...

My wife keeps getting increases from Cap One, so i've seen the benefits of paying on time and using often. She is a stay at home mother, with no income, and she still got in and we pay it off every month. I guess we will be a Cap One household!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.