cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved for Credit One up to $2000?

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-approved for Credit One up to $2000?

Thanks again guys....I just applied for Credit One using the mailer that they sent...Sure enough, $2000 SL.   They hit Experian (OHIO) which is my strongest FICO 08 score at 615.  I thought i read that they have their own internal scoring?  Regardless, it is done.

So i have my $3000 KOHLS, $2000 CREDIT ONE, and 2 Sallie Mae SL's in good standing and deferred for 1 more month. 

I'll lay extremely low for a while...Maybe wait for Merrick or Ollo to send me a prequal.....

Or, should i look at getting a 3rd card asap and then garden for the next year?

Message 11 of 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@twono wrote:

Thanks again guys....I just applied for Credit One using the mailer that they sent...Sure enough, $2000 SL.   They hit Experian (OHIO) which is my strongest FICO 08 score at 615.  I thought i read that they have their own internal scoring?  Regardless, it is done.

So i have my $3000 KOHLS, $2000 CREDIT ONE, and 2 Sallie Mae SL's in good standing and deferred for 1 more month. 

I'll lay extremely low for a while...Maybe wait for Merrick or Ollo to send me a prequal.....

Grow what you have for about 6 months then look to move to a bigger institution so that you can avoid paying the AF for Credit One for another year.  Congrats on the approval as well!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twono wrote:

I would sit tight for about 6 months. You are going to want to target a BK friendly credit union in the future, and it's my opinion they like to see a slow and steady rebuild. You also don't want to get stuck with a bunch of toy limit cards.

At just over 2 years post discharge I had $20k limit cards with NFCU and PenFed and I think taking it slow had a lot to do with it.

Message 13 of 14
twono
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@twono wrote:

I would sit tight for about 6 months. You are going to want to target a BK friendly credit union in the future, and it's my opinion they like to see a slow and steady rebuild. You also don't want to get stuck with a bunch of toy limit cards.

At just over 2 years post discharge I had $20k limit cards with NFCU and PenFed and I think taking it slow had a lot to do with it.

Understood....Before filing, i had nearly $500,000 in available credit....1 card with over a $50k CL, several over $20k and 30k and all of them over $10k except for the Kohls.

Unfortunately big bank cards are gonna be hard to come by since I unfortunately burned everybody and their brother....DISCO, AMEX x2, CHASE x3, NFCU x 3, PENFED x3, CapOne x2, SYNCH x3, DCU, WINGS CU, USAA, COMENITY, US Bank, and 15 more....Over 35 cc's in total.  I only had 2 store cards though, Kohls that survived BK thus far and Lowes that was closed by grantor with a $0 balance and a $35k CL.

Also to note, i only had 1 new acct (co-signed for SL) in 2 yrs prior to filing 4 months ago.  Currently 2 inq's on EX (1 from the Credit One app and 1 erroneous- WINGS HP'd me after DC for an unknown reason), 1 on TU from joining local CU prior to filing, and 1 on EQ from the SL.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.