cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment, who's with me?

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment, who's with me?

instandlt declined for discover, sole reason for decision was chapter 7, they pulled a 670. I find this kind of funny in that i closed on my house today (loan was already funded) and was approved for a $500 line with lowes. o well i guess i just discovered their answer for me NO....btw there was no counter for a secured card.

Message 101 of 278
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

instandlt declined for discover, sole reason for decision was chapter 7, they pulled a 670. I find this kind of funny in that i closed on my house today (loan was already funded) and was approved for a $500 line with lowes. o well i guess i just discovered their answer for me NO....btw there was no counter for a secured card.

Did you include discover in your bk filling?

Message 102 of 278
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@svtthis wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

no...they cited student loan balances (5k) and age of open revolving accounts too low. i

Message 103 of 278
somotao
Frequent Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@svtthis wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

no...they cited student loan balances (5k) and age of open revolving accounts too low. i

what are your currect credit cards? and how old are they? discover does like to see usage of existing credit cards post BK. 

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 104 of 278
penguin11
Valued Member

American Express Fidelity Investment credit card

Has anyone approved for AMEX Fidelity Investment credit card with a bk on the cr? Almost 3 years post filing.

EXP FICO 700+, 1 % Utilization with 50K+ CL's.  Would pull a trigger to apply if there is a chance, otherewise

it would be a waste of a hp.

Thanks,

Message 105 of 278
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

I didn't see any World Master Card Elite cards in here for me to refer when I was thinking about applying, so:

Barclays Arrival+ World Master Card Elite Approved After Recon - Limit $5K (for now)

$440 signing bonus, no first year AF.

Got the 10 day notice, which means "auto deny".  Called Recon line - told them I'd be happy to move credit from my other 2 Barclay Cards to open this one.  Answered the same Q's Barclays always asks when I app for them and get denied.... Why BK, Income, time @ employer... etc.  He moved my $3800 of my existing CL over (leaving $500 on NFL & Barclay Barclay Rewards) then jumped it $1200 to hit the $5000.  YMMV

Shortly after C1 raised limit to $5K

Disco still won't increase my limit from $2500 even though I charge more than that every month on their card and pay it off 2-3 times/mo.

Current Wallet:

$ 22,000 - Navy Federal Flagship Visa Signature

$   5,000 - Chase Freedom

$   5,000 - Capital One QuickSilver (No AF)

$   5,000 - Barclays Arrival World MC

$   2,500 - DiscoverIT

$      500 - Barclays NFL - (I'll be closing this in a few months)

$      500 - Barclay Rewards (I'll be closing this in a few months, too)

Cheers,

-SM

P.S.  I know I've been off the boards for quite awhile.  I've been extremely busy (I have 3 "jobs" now... 2 don't pay at all, yet!).  I've barely had time to respond to the PMs, but I'm finding it.  Hopefully things will settle down a bit this summer.

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 106 of 278
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congrats SM! I'm guessing the 10 day was just because you had other Barclays accounts lol Nice starting limit though, I have to admit I'm kicking myself right now for not asking for a recon on my initial limit! I was auto approved $3k so hopefully at 6 months the "auto cli" pushes me over $5k and I'll request the upgrade! Congrats again!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 107 of 278
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

I am re-posting because for some reason this didn't show up... odd... if it duplicates, I'll delete one.

I didn't see any World Master Card Elite cards in here for me to refer when I was thinking about applying, so:

Barclays Arrival+ World Master Card Elite Approved After Recon - Limit $5K (for now)

$440 signing bonus, no first year AF.

@Got the 10 day notice, which means "auto deny".  Called Recon line - told them I'd be happy to move credit from my other 2 Barclay Cards to open this one.  Answered the same Q's Barclays always asks when I app for them and get denied.... Why BK, Income, time @ employer... etc.  He moved my $3800 of my existing CL over (leaving $500 on NFL & Barclay Barclay Rewards) then jumped it $1200 to hit the $5000.  YMMV

Shortly after C1 raised limit to $5K

Disco still won't increase my limit from $2500 even though I charge more than that every month on their card and pay it off 2-3 times/mo.

Current Wallet:

$ 22,000 - Navy Federal Flagship Visa Signature

$   5,000 - Chase Freedom

$   5,000 - Capital One QuickSilver (No AF)

$   5,000 - Barclays Arrival World MC

$   2,500 - DiscoverIT

$      500 - Barclays NFL - (I'll be closing this in a few months)

$      500 - Barclay Rewards (I'll be closing this in a few months, too)

Cheers,

-SM

P.S.  I know I've been off the boards for quite awhile.  I've been extremely busy (I have 3 "jobs" now... 2 don't pay at all, yet!).  I've barely had time to respond to the PMs, but I'm finding it.  Hopefully things will settle down a bit this summer.

How long after your BK did you app for the Quicksilver?  Or was it PC'd from another product?  Did you have to recon for it?

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 108 of 278
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

My QuickSilver was originally a CapitalOne NoHassle Rewards for Average Credit w/ $39AF.  I apped according to schedule (A few mo post DC), called in and had them remove the AF forever @ month 12, then PC'd to the QuickSilver when the QuickSilver replaced the NHR.

I'm now 3.5 years post DC.  The plan only goes to 2 years... Thus the cards & stuff that are different than what the plan says.

Follow the plan.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 109 of 278
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

@Anonymous QuickSilver was originally a CapitalOne NoHassle Rewards for Average Credit w/ $39AF.  I apped according to schedule (A few mo post DC), called in and had them remove the AF forever @ month 12, then PC'd to the QuickSilver when the QuickSilver replaced the NHR.

I'm now 3.5 years post DC.  The plan only goes to 2 years... Thus the cards & stuff that are different than what the plan says.

Follow the plan.

-SM

Thanks for the reply!  I just called and had mine upgraded to the QS, too.  Yay!

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 110 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.