Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Student Loan listed as IIB, sold to CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private Student Loan listed as IIB, sold to CA

Hi all,

My chapter 7 was discharged in 3/2007 and my private student loan from Wells Fargo was listed as "included in bankruptcy." I've had a collection agency calling me about the debt so I assume that Wells Fargo sold it to them.

I don't know what to do, since its listed as IIB I assumed that it was discharged. Everything that I have read states that student loans are not discharged. Should I set up some type of plan with the collection agency? Should I talk to Wells Fargo to try and reinstate the loan somehow?  

I'm working to rebuild my credit and I don't make a lot of money but I'm tired of the nagging phone calls!!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Private Student Loan listed as IIB, sold to CA

If you rewrite your question and post it under student loans, you will probably receive a better response than mine!

I think her name is Lynn.  She's very knowledgeable about student loans and should be able to give some more information.

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.