Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Se chapter 7 bankruptcy in Ohio

tag
ReBuild-OH17
New Contributor

Pro Se chapter 7 bankruptcy in Ohio

Hello,

As the title indicates, I filed chapter 7 pro se on 10/12/2017. My 341 is scheduled for 12/1/2017. I reviewed my "Notice of chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case" in pacer. On this form for line "9.Deadlines" it says "File by deadline to object to discharge or to challenge whether certain debts are dischargeable"  that filing deadline is 1/30/2018.

I filed pro se to save money. I am confused about all of the dates. I thought my 341 was supposed to be 20-40 from the date I filed. Is that only counting business days?

Also, I thought that creditors had until the 341 to object my filing?

Am I wrong?  

thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Pro Se chapter 7 bankruptcy in Ohio

I think they can object on your 341 day and therefore there would need to be time to make final?  

Check out internet lawyer forums.  A lot of answers there also.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 5
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

The 341 is set by the Clerk of the Court when the case is filed.  In general it is held 30 to 45 days after filing.  HOWEVER if you are in a district that has only a few 7 Trustees OR a high volume of case filings, it may be held later than the average simply out of necessity.  Creditors, regardless of the district in which you file, have 60 days from the date of the 341 to object. 

Des

Message 3 of 5
ReBuild-OH17
New Contributor

I didn't think of that. Thank you Shooting-For-800

Message 4 of 5
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

If you have a basic understanding of what is going on with your Ch 7 and you are not hiding assets or income, you will be fine.

Rarely do any creditors show up for the 341.

This usually happens for millionaires dumping into trusts and people maxing out their cards 90 days before BK.

Good luck and hang in there.  Once its over, things get better.

I am 4 years post BK, look at my signature.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.