cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Equifax and Early Exclusion- Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with Equifax and Early Exclusion- Advice?

My bankruptcy (CH7) will reach the 10 year mark in August.

I called Transunion and asked for early exclusion. It was removed in 2 days and my credit score went up 65 points to 815 (woo hoo!).

Not so easy with Equifax. I tried 3 different times and not a single representative (all based in the Philippines) knew what I was talking about. They finally transferred me to a supervisor who submitted the request as a dispute with the explanation "customer is requesting early exclusion". 

I got a response today (a non-response that is) stating:

Disputed information accurate. Updated account information unrelated to the dispute: The information you disputed has been verified as accurate.

Consumer's dispute not specific. Consumer Information verified.

Followed by information about the bankruptcy and telling me to contact the court with any questions. In other words, they had no clue.

How have other people done this? Because doing it by phone doesn't appear to be effective...they don't even know what it is.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Problem with Equifax and Early Exclusion- Advice?

Each of the CRBs has a different time period for granting EE.  Transunion does them 6 months out. Equifax claims they only do them 30 days early, although there are some reports where they have been removed earlier than that period.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is less about when they do it (I've seen 1 month, 3 months and 6.. so all over the place)...

It's more about how  you actually request it especially when nobody there knows what it is...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is less about when they do it (I've seen 1 month, 3 months and 6.. so all over the place)...

It's more about how  you actually request it especially when nobody there knows what it is...

You don't have to request it.  It will fall off on its own.  Mine did, about 2 months prior.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is that as well, but reading through all of the early exclusion forums most of the posters say that you have to call, which is what I did for Transunion.

So, for those of you who called Equifax, how did you address this?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My bankruptcy (CH7) will reach the 10 year mark in August.

I called Transunion and asked for early exclusion. It was removed in 2 days and my credit score went up 65 points to 815 (woo hoo!).

Not so easy with Equifax. I tried 3 different times and not a single representative (all based in the Philippines) knew what I was talking about. They finally transferred me to a supervisor who submitted the request as a dispute with the explanation "customer is requesting early exclusion". 

I got a response today (a non-response that is) stating:

Disputed information accurate. Updated account information unrelated to the dispute: The information you disputed has been verified as accurate.

Consumer's dispute not specific. Consumer Information verified.

Followed by information about the bankruptcy and telling me to contact the court with any questions. In other words, they had no clue.

How have other people done this? Because doing it by phone doesn't appear to be effective...they don't even know what it is.

Equifax has been the hardest for me to get them to remove it early.  I have done online disputes and I have called them.  They just won't remove it early.  Right now Equifax is 40 points lower than all the others.  The other two are the exact same score (I haven't updated them in my signature)

All you can do is keep trying.  Not sure if you want it removed because you are trying for some credit but I think that is what is keeping me from getting some other cards.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.