Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with credit reporting 1.5 years after ch. 7 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems with credit reporting 1.5 years after ch. 7 discharge

Hey everyone, 

I'll try to keep this short. Why in the world would FICO be stating for all three CBs that I have 8 or more derogs/30/90 day lates when as a matter of fact, I have never late before or post-chapter 7 BK (discharged on X-mas 2019). My post-BK recovery has been slow, tedious, and frankly way too long to not be in a better position than I am in. I belive the inaccurate "lates" are causing this issue for me.

My reports from all three bureaus either purged all payment information from IIB accounts completely, notated IIB/closed/NEVER LATE in the notes or they show paid status (as they should) for all of the accounts in question. Where is FICO getting this information from, why are they not reporting what the beuraus actually show, and please help me understand why a BK is somehow being classified as "late" in some cases 90 days late, which is simply not true.

I have hunted for answers on this on this forum, and spoke with FICO twice this morning and there is not a clear answer on this. Thanks, everyone.

EXEXEQEQTUTU

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problems with credit reporting 1.5 years after ch. 7 discharge

When I go to experian.com it says the same thing that I have missed payment but it's labeled as "N" instead of 30/60/90 and when I try to disupte it I can't because it says I've never missed a payment.  Can you see more details if everything is all green or if it actually says 30/60/90Untitled.png

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So for mine, Experian does not specifically state the time frame of late, just N like what you're seeing. The other bureaus have purged my payment history for those accouts, but still says 8 accounts ever late. There is no record of that and I am certain i have never been late, that is what makes this so frustrating and confusing. 

I don't see where FICO would be able to determine or interprut the information as late, specifically 90 days late. 

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Pull your real credit reports from annualcreditreport.com. Its free on a weekly basis due to the CARES Act. They are the true credit report and see what they have listed.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, thanks for your response. 

I do have my most recent credit reports form the source and they show IIB with payment history purged or closed with no payment history. Experian shows no history, but CO the month of my BK, which I think is being interpreted by FICO as a 90 day derog. However, all bureaus show on FICO as 8 or 10 accounts perviosuly late, which simply is not ture. 

I think at this point I will have to contact all the creditors involved and get in writing from them that I have never been late and then submit new disputes with the bureaus with those documents or letters. It is outrageous and punitive that they do this and mis-report. I take full responsibility for the BK, but I am not going to "own" something I did not do, which are the lates. 

Any other suggestions? I can't be the only one who has had these issues post BK discharge. 

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

No negative info can be placed on a credit report after the file date. Nothing. If so. You and your lawyer can file a claim and be rewarded $1000 plus court/attorney fees for violating the BK Code. Or get those letters if you can and file a claim with the CFPB for inaccurate reporting. But it still comes down to even if you cleaned up all your reports. The BK will over rule all baddies until it sails into the sunset 10 yrs later. Good luck and keep us updated.

Message 6 of 7
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Edited: I've just pulled all three reports from freeannual and there are zero lates or charge offs on any of my reports so I have no idea where MyFico is getting them from?  Also MyFico is showing most all accounts were last updated Oct 2019 for EX, but EX is showing most of them have been updated in the past couple of months.  No idea whats going on.

I am having a similar, if not exact problem.  None of my accounts were ever late before filing, yet almost all of them show 90 days past due/late on Experian and no lates on the other two when viewing MyFico 3B, yet all three state that my lower scores are due to X amount of lates on each of them.  I am wondering if MyFico is just assuming that if they were all late on EX that they are late on the other two also, or something.  I will be sending a letter of dispute to Experian today for all of the lates that are showing since I never had any due to me paying up until filing.  It will be interesting to see if the scores and 'lates' on the other two disappear once the ones on EX are removed.  I gave it some time because my BK was just discharged the beginning of January, but I believe all of the dust has settled and I will have to take action to get my reports corrected.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.