Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Claim Filed Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Proof of Claim Filed Questions

Hey Everyone-

Quick question. My case was converted from a Ch. 13 to a Ch. 7 on August 20th (I'm already seeing my credit report going through all kinds of updates). So when I was in my Ch. 13, Chase did not file a claim for any of the cards that I had with them. Today (Because I check Pacer religiously), I noticed that they filed a claim for one of the accounts. 

My question is what does this mean? Are they doing this in order to be able to write off a loss due to me filing? Is it normal procedure? 341 is next Tuesday on the 24th. Just curious about what this means. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Proof of Claim Filed Questions

A proof of claim is the paperwork that a creditor must file before getting paid in a bankruptcy case. The proof of claim tells the bankruptcy trustee about the type of claim, as well as how much a creditor is owed, so the trustee can determine the amount to pay the creditor if anything. Since your filing Chapter 7 now. And I take it you passed the means test. They wont be rewarded anything. But your lawyer will know best. Just call the office and ask.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Proof of Claim Filed Questions

@FireMedic1 wrote:

A proof of claim is the paperwork that a creditor must file before getting paid in a bankruptcy case. The proof of claim tells the bankruptcy trustee about the type of claim, as well as how much a creditor is owed, so the trustee can determine the amount to pay the creditor if anything. Since your filing Chapter 7 now. And I take it you passed the means test. They wont be rewarded anything. But your lawyer will know best. Just call the office and ask.

Okay thanks! I'll give him a call in the morning. Just thought it was weird that with the 13, they didn't file, but now that the case is converted they did. Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.