Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QQ about car payments- wfds

tag
empressj
Frequent Contributor

QQ about car payments- wfds

Hi all,
So I'm in the midst if bk chapter 7. My car payment was due on 11/28. I have been sick all week with sinus and upper respiratory infection and forgot about my car payment. I jumped up in a frenzy around 9p and made payment.

Is that considered late? There's a message stating if a payment is made after 5:30 pacific time the payment will post the next business day but doesn't indicate if it's considered late :/

We are NOT reaffirming and now I'm so afraid that I've messed things up and just disappointed. So I guess my question is since I've made my payment after that mentioned time is that considered late?

Please help!! :/
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QQ about car payments- wfds

I believe you should be fine there typically is a grace period. My payment is due 11/28 and I just made it without a problem and I as well am in the middle of ch 7. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QQ about car payments- wfds

@empressj wrote:
Hi all,
So I'm in the midst if bk chapter 7. My car payment was due on 11/28. I have been sick all week with sinus and upper respiratory infection and forgot about my car payment. I jumped up in a frenzy around 9p and made payment.

Is that considered late? There's a message stating if a payment is made after 5:30 pacific time the payment will post the next business day but doesn't indicate if it's considered late :/

We are NOT reaffirming and now I'm so afraid that I've messed things up and just disappointed. So I guess my question is since I've made my payment after that mentioned time is that considered late?

Please help!! :/

WFDS has a built in 10 day grace period for payments to be made without being charged a late fee. In addition to that if your in an active BK they can not charge you a late fee. WFDS Customer service rep verfied this.

Since you mentioned that you are not going to reaffirm the Car I wanted to direct your attention  to a recent thread that i started about WFDS. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Question-About-Wells-Fargo-Dealer-Service/m-p/4790381#M44...

I filed Ch 7 bk in july of this year and stopped making payments in june before filing. I decided not to reaffirm the car. Here we are now almost in Dec and WFDS to this day still hasnt bothered to pick up the car..... Last time i made a payment was over 5 months ago. Hope this info is helpful to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.