cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Account Reporting

tag
ShyTownDva

Question About Account Reporting

My Chapter 7 was discharged on 10/16/2012.  I pulled Experian this morning and accounts read for JUN - OCT  “Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7” in payment status & FP (Failed to Pay) in the 24-Month Payment History.  Is this inaccurate reporting & hurting my fako score?

Starting Score: EQ 470 EX ?? TR 584 Chapter 7 filed 06/18/12 Trustee Mtg 08/16/12 Discharged 10/16/12
Current Score: EQ 470 EX ?? TR 501
1st Goal Score: 650 Across the Board

On the path to home ownership ~ Currently Gardening until 12/2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Re: Question About Account Reporting

I'm running into this after a chapter 13 discharge.

To complicate matters even more... my mortgage was sold twice during chapter 13 and all 3 mortgage creditors are showing FP for the same month.

My second mortgage is showing an FP (Failed to Pay) too but from a different month/year.

To top it all off I did not include either mortgage in my payment plan and never missed a payment. The FP's from the first mortgage is from Nov/2013 which is when I started my plan. The FP from my second happened on the month of the final payment to them.???

I called Experian to dispute and they said that they are not showing up as "30+ days Late" so everything is fine and that HP's do not see the FPs.

I don't trust this and doubt that it is not affecting my score Man Mad

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.