Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Ch13, my Credit Report and Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Ch13, my Credit Report and Collections

Hi, everyone:

I have a question regarding my latest credit report. About two years ago my wife and I filed for Ch13 BK, and we are still in the process of paying it off. I checked my credit report today for the first time since we filed, and I see that four of the creditors that were part of the filing are still listed as being in collections. Is this correct? TIA for your help!

Mark

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sgtm7
Established Member

Re: Question about Ch13, my Credit Report and Collections

From reading another forum, I got the impression that until your Chapter 13 is actually discharged, they still can report balances due, charge offs, etc.  They just can't make an attempt to collect the debt.  Once you receive your discharge is when everything should show a zero balance and the IIB. 
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything SHOULD show a zero balance but more likely you will have to write to the credit bureaus and show them proof that those accounts were paid in the bankruptcy. Do not expect your creditors to remove themselves.

Edited to remove email address. ~LilMirth

Message Edited by LilMirth on 11-04-2009 06:20 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.