Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about account IIB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about account IIB

Hope everybody is having a great day! 

I have an issue that just came up. I had an old AT&T Wireless account that I included in my BK that was discharged back in May that was charged off to Enhanced Recovery Collection company for around $1658.  The collection account was removed from my Credit Reports and I thought everything was okay.... until today. 

In the mail I got a bill from AT&T for the old wireless out for the $1,658. (mind you this account was from 2014). I am wondering what I should do exactly. From my point of view it looks like the collection company sent it back to AT&T. Before filing I confirmed with AT&T to see if they had the debit or a collection company and they confirmed it was with ERC. 

Should I mail a letter to AT&T's BK department giving my CH 7 Case # along with a copy of my Schedule? 

Customer care is helpless at this point.

Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about account IIB

Respond with a letter and a copy of your discharge paper and that should be the end of it Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Respond with a letter and a copy of your discharge paper and that should be the end of it Smiley Happy

Thanks for the quick reply! Am I going to have a problem that its listed with Enhanced Recovery on the schedule / discharge paperwork?  Do I just sent this to AT&T's Bankruptcy's department? 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply! Am I going to have a problem that its listed with Enhanced Recovery on the schedule / discharge paperwork?  Do I just sent this to AT&T's Bankruptcy's department? 

I'd respond to AT&T via the address listed on the bill that you received.

I don't expect that you'll have an issue with it not being on the schedule. You're supposed to list every debt you can think of when filing, but a discharged BK should cover any and all debt incurred before filing.

I had zombie medical debt that I didn't know about/didn't include that surfaced about a year after my discharge. Sent a short note and a copy of my discharge and that was that.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

I know you said customer care is worthless but have you tried to call? I would imagine AT&T has a BK department of some sort that handles things like this. I just prefer the instant gratification of calling haha!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

I know you said customer care is worthless but have you tried to call? I would imagine AT&T has a BK department of some sort that handles things like this. I just prefer the instant gratification of calling haha!

So great news all! 

Maybe I jumped into conclusions wiritng this lol.... but I was finally able to phyiscally speak to AT&T's BK Department and spoke to the nicest lady who explained everything to me. 

She explained that since my account was discharged they took the account back from the collection agency for the write off reasons. She explained I should never have received their email about the bill being due as it was just placed back in the system to "Zero" out on their end. 

All is fine. I don't owe the debt and she even confirmed my BK case # that they had on file which put me at ease. Smiley Happy 

Thanks for everybody's support!

Have a great rest of your week! 

Message 6 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Glad it worked itself out quickly for you Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.