Question about cards involved in Ch. 7

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Question about cards involved in Ch. 7

@Anonymous wrote:

@Singsonbing

You can go the to Smorgasboard section on the site. The instructions to add a siggy is stickied on top. I forget what rank you have to be until you can add the siggy. Its listed there. Enjoy your cards.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about cards involved in Ch. 7

Hello, 

I actually had a Cap1 Buypower ($500), Fingerhut ($2,200), Wells Fargo Secured ($300) all with $0 balance when I filed. My lawyer insisted that they all had to be included on the petition. I had the accounts for years. They were all in perfect standing, never a late payment. I was very disappointed to see them go. His reasoning was that if I used any of them, it would be grounds for rejecting my petition. He followed up with telling me that not including them could also be considered attempting to hide something. I didn't need any additional scrutiny I was very close to the income cut off for Ch 7 in California. If they included my raise that I had just received or stock that was about to vest, I would have been over. Hopefully, it was all for the best and everything works out for you too.   

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.