Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about credit scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about credit scores

We are almost a year into Ch 13 and haven't really given much thought to our credit scores yet. I just pretty much assumed they would be really bad for a while and we have a 5 yr plan, so no need to really worry about them for a while!  Getting ready to get our first secured credit cards soon. Anyway, I just looked at our credit scores on creditkarma and it shows my transunion is 719 and equifax is 736. Could this even be correct? I assumed they would have dropped much much lower. It does show our bankrupcty. Looks like all accounts are closed except for a card I'm an authorized user on for my father. It also doesn't show our mortgage anymore at all. I'm not sure why though. Before bankrupcty, we had never missed a payment. We were just WAY over our heads in debt and we were at the point where things were going to fall apart really soon. So I'm not sure about how all that works, but maybe the fact that our credit before bankrupcty was still good has helped it from sinking down super low? Somebody please enlighten me. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Question about credit scores

@Anonymous wrote:

We are almost a year into Ch 13 and haven't really given much thought to our credit scores yet. I just pretty much assumed they would be really bad for a while and we have a 5 yr plan, so no need to really worry about them for a while!  Getting ready to get our first secured credit cards soon. Anyway, I just looked at our credit scores on creditkarma and it shows my transunion is 719 and equifax is 736. Could this even be correct? I assumed they would have dropped much much lower. It does show our bankrupcty. Looks like all accounts are closed except for a card I'm an authorized user on for my father. It also doesn't show our mortgage anymore at all. I'm not sure why though. Before bankrupcty, we had never missed a payment. We were just WAY over our heads in debt and we were at the point where things were going to fall apart really soon. So I'm not sure about how all that works, but maybe the fact that our credit before bankrupcty was still good has helped it from sinking down super low? Somebody please enlighten me. 

You need to get your actual FICO scores. CK uses vantage scores which no lenders use. So until you get your true scores it is hard to offer any insight.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about credit scores

Okay I'm going to see about getting those scores. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.