Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about creditors objection.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about creditors objection.

New member First post. I hope I ask this in a way that makes sense. I filed for bankruptcy and am currently waiting on discharge per the trustees report of no distribution. I noticed almost immediately after I filed pretty much every account on my credit report was closed and removed from my report my question is since all my creditors did this does that mean that they’ve pretty much washed their hands of it and I don’t have to worry about any objection to the discharge or does one have nothing to do with the other? For the record there is no reason any creditor would object I don’t have any assets I was just curious if them closing the accounts has anything to do with rather or not a creditor is likely to object to discharge.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about creditors objection.

Closing of the accounts is standard procedure. Even accounts that are zero balance and would otherwise be positive. It has nothing to do with potential for an objection. And unless there was any kind of recent reason to believe abuse, fraud, etc. you should see no objection. It is essentually just a waiting game after the MOC especially if you are no asset. . 

Message 2 of 4
twono
Frequent Contributor

It seems thatcreditors rarely show up at the moc meeting let alone object.

I butned about 40 creditors and well into the 6 figures. No objections and no creditors showed up at the moc.

I dont think accts being closed is an indicator as to whether or not a creditor objects.
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
New member First post. I hope I ask this in a way that makes sense. I filed for bankruptcy and am currently waiting on discharge per the trustees report of no distribution. I noticed almost immediately after I filed pretty much every account on my credit report was closed and removed from my report my question is since all my creditors did this does that mean that they’ve pretty much washed their hands of it and I don’t have to worry about any objection to the discharge or does one have nothing to do with the other? For the record there is no reason any creditor would object I don’t have any assets I was just curious if them closing the accounts has anything to do with rather or not a creditor is likely to object to discharge.

Give it time. There will be a whole lot of changes to your reports until up to 30 days after DC. They may be missing at the moment. But after DC they will pop back up. Sit back and enjoy your ride to financial freedom until the process runs out.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.