Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about disputes in Chapter 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about disputes in Chapter 13

I have some inaccuracies on my cr (go figure).  I filed a chapter 13 and I am close to being with it, hopefully within the next 3 months.

I have some CC that are showing as either charged off or 120 days late even though I did include them in my chptr 13.  They show balances, so my question is this:  Is it better that I dispute them and ask that they say "Wage earner's" or "Included in Bankruptcy"?  I have noticed that balances keep your FICO higher, so I wanted to ask about this before doing anything.

Also, on EQ and TU my past mortgage through Wells Fargo is showing as 120 days past due while my status on EX is showing included Bankruptcy.  Should I dispute the TU and EQ status message?  This mortage was paid in full as I sold the home while in my chapter 13.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks everybody

J

Message Edited by nordsman71 on 01-23-2008 08:38 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about disputes in Chapter 13

Definitely dispute these items. You want your credit report to be as accurate as possible. Send a copy of your bankruptcy schedules and order of discharge as proof.
Message 2 of 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

I am currently struggling with the same situation.  I am 4 months away from being done.  On my credit report, I have disputed the "past due" balances and they come back now showing "paid as agreed in W.E.P"  (wage earner plan)  others say IIB.  However I wonder if I have to wait until discharge to get those past due balances to go away?  I also have some collection accounts being paid through my chapter 13 and 2 judgements that were included.  I am right now just waiting until discharge to dispute them all as IIB although 4 of my 6 collection accounts start falling off in June thru Sept anyway.  Let me know how your disputes go.  It has been a challenge to get my cr updated because I am not yet discharged.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do,,,and will post what ends up happening here.  Thanks
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.