cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about getting a chase credit card & I just got approved for a Tier 1 chase auto loan!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about getting a chase credit card & I just got approved for a Tier 1 chase auto loan!

So I filed for ch.7 bkr about 2.5 years ago and burned every major card company, except cap 1.

My credit rebuild has been pretty good, 

I am a authorized used on my dads card, on a chase sapphire with a 35k limit, but marginal 

use. Alwasy paid in full.

On my own I have cards, 17.5k limit on a Capital one venture. 10k on a Capital one savor. 

3.5k on a Nordstroms, 3.7k on a HSBC. No balances carried and paid in full monthly.

I really only use the Cap 1 venture.

Last Oct. got a 0% loan on my wife's car .

I just got a new car and got 3.3% with chase, even though I burned them on multiple cards!

So, I am very excited in my progress, and wondering if my chances of getting a

chase card will improve significantly?

My TU score is 714, Equifax is 731 and Experian is 725.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about getting a chase credit card & I just got approved for a Tier 1 chase auto loa

Congrats on all the success you've had to date, it's impressive for sure. Unfortunately, even before the economy tightened due to Covid, Chase will not touch you with a BK on your reports when it comes to credit cards. That avenue is about as solid a non-starter as there is.

Message 2 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Question about getting a chase credit card & I just got approved for a Tier 1 chase auto loa

Agree with Devil..

There was a time about 4-5 years ago they would approve on recon with a really good rebuild, and lots of explaining to the UW etc.. I was one of them and got approved for the Chase Amazon Visa $3k SL on I think my 4th recon.

Now, they won't approve at all with BK still on reports. A few have been able to get approved 7.5-9 yrs out post DC, but its rare now. Current policy is BK needs to be off reports, and then still no guarantee of approval depending on how bad you burned them in BK.

Car approvals are completely different...they can snatch the car if you don't pay, and sell quickly.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! That's what I figured. But was hoping that since they approved me for a car loan at tier 1, it might just 

improve my chances for a credit card.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, makes sense now. 

The car approval also was probably due to 50% down payment.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.