Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about taxes owed...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about taxes owed...

Hello, I learn a lot reading here and had a question that I hope someone can help with. Thanks to those for all the great info

I filed chapter 7 and my DC is in a little less than 30 days. Before I filed the IRS was taking out auto payments from my bank account. I had one payment left (less than $100) before I filed. Well I filed and of course they stopped the auto payment so I know I have a balance left. The problem is I would like to pay this and get it over with.

I never recieved and mail saying they would stop payments or saying how much is still left owed. I’m worried and I im trouble here because I know there is still a balance left? Also is there any way I can pay this ASAP so it don’t negatively effect me? Will it have a negative effect to me?

I have tried calling the IRS and have spent hours on hold.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Question about taxes owed...

Do you have an online account with them yet? If not you can create an online account and see your balance and pay it. Quite easy to set up.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou for replying!

Yes I have tried whenever I have to put in an account to verify it never works.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My attorney told me that once you file, they cannot contact you, so you probably won't be hearing from them until after DC. Also, if your IRS bill was over 3 years old (I believe), it's possible that the balance was included in the Bk. Contact your attorney because it was probably discharged if it was that old.
Message 5 of 6
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

You can either pay it online, or the phone, or mail them a payment. You can go to the website and print off the voucher.  

Hope this helps. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.