Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about use of CC before filing

tag
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

Question about use of CC before filing

Have free consultation coming up and filling out a questionnaire. One question is if you charged more than $600 on any credit card in past 6 months. I last charged on AmEx Platinum on Sept 11th. Charging privileges were suspended after that date and unable to use. So six months will be March 11. Do you think I will have to wait until at least March 11 to file? Is that a standard question the BK court will ask about? I assume it’s to make sure the card wasn’t run up just before filing. AmEx is suing me (had other cards with them) and th court date is set for April 4. I have to file before then I assume in order to stop the lawsuit. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about use of CC before filing

HOW Much was the Amex Charge?         Have your bankrucpty attorney reach out to the office suing you for amex and informally tell them your getting ready to file... they will most likely extend the file date / dismiss all together.    

Message 2 of 5
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

About $2500 on Platinum and $1200 on Gold which were my normal monthly charges. So they can’t say I ran them up then quit paying. No single large purchases.
Message 3 of 5
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

My attorney told me regular usage for living expenses were ok

Message 4 of 5
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

I think they are asking if there any single charges over $600.  Normal living expenses are okay.  They are just making sure you didn't go buy a Rolex and a MacBook and then file.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.