cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rcvd Chap 7 discharge today--need new vehicle. How do I get discharge reported to agencies quickly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rcvd Chap 7 discharge today--need new vehicle. How do I get discharge reported to agencies quickly?

Hi all. 

I am so happy that today I finally received my Chapter 7 discharge! 

We decided not to reaffirm my current car in bankruptcy, and I need to get a new one fairly quickly. Are there steps I can take to get reporting of the discharge to the credit monitoring agencies faster than usual? 

Any help appreciated. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rcvd Chap 7 discharge today--need new vehicle. How do I get discharge reported to agencies quick

I don't think there's a way to expedite the process. 
I don't think there's a need to, your discharge should update on your reports rather quickly. 

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rcvd Chap 7 discharge today--need new vehicle. How do I get discharge reported to agencies quick

They updated my reports with the filing and the discharge within 2 days each time.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. I read on some site it could take thirty days or more. Thanks for your insights!

Message 4 of 22
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

What're you hoping to buy 1 day post BK7 DC? 

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

'71 Rolls Royce Phantom, no engine,  moderate rust on frame. Think Capital One will finanace me? 

Message 6 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Now that's done and you are debt free wish you much luck & opportunity climbing back into a stable credit profile.

After my DC the mailbox literally filled up with offers galore for slightly used/new vehicle invitations.

Others can offer you some insight on best rates with various bank financing. Just try to not be sucked into to-good-to-be-true offers which can debt load you all over again.

Best of Luck

Message 7 of 22
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

'71 Rolls Royce Phantom, no engine,  moderate rust on frame. Think Capital One will finanace me? 

You want to buy a nonfunctional vehicle? 

Message 8 of 22
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they only go back to 1972.

Message 9 of 22
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Shortly after my discharge,capital one approved me up to 40k but I ended up using the dealer financing as I got under 4% from them.

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.