cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to start the process...

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted

Ready to start the process...

Hi...I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I filed Chapter 7 a little over 6 years ago after I got laid off from my job. Since then I have been focused on builing my business and haven't really had the time or the need to worry about my credit and have been doing everything with cash. Now that my business doesn't need me as much I'm ready to start working on rebuilding my credit but I don't know where to start. I don't have any recent debt but I do still have several studen loans that are in default. My plan is to pay them off all at once in a couple years when my business picks up as I can't afford to pay them right now. Where should I begin? Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Ready to start the process...

If the defaulted SL's dont hamper your approvals. Hit up Disco's pre-qual page. Cap1 could be another. No QS1. You far out enough to get some cards. Except the big 4 who wont approve you with a BK on your reports. Spread your apps out by a few months. If you didnt burn AMEX. 5yrs and 1 month they have been known to approved folks woth BK's. What are your scores. FICO that is. Try the prequals and look for a solid APR rate. Not the 18-20 something %. Good Luck!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.