Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaffirm letter credit card military star

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Reaffirm letter credit card military star

So I got a letter in the mail that said if I wanted to use my military star card or or reaffirm the debt to contact the bankruptcy department. Why would I reaffirm the credit card debt?? Hope they are not planning to give me trouble when it comes to discharging it.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reaffirm letter credit card military star

I had a military star card and the take it home today cards IIB. I didnt get that letter, it was discharged with no problems.

My questions is do they let you back in.

Message 2 of 11
SSH0126
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a military star card and the take it home today cards IIB. I didnt get that letter, it was discharged with no problems.

Okay I am not sure why they sent me that letter especially since I am in a chapter 7. There is no way I am reaffirming that debt.  I may try to get back in but I am not paying to do so. If you try let me know your luck. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sent us that letter too, we ignored it, they want you to reaffirm so they get their money. Let it get discharged.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SSH0126 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay I am not sure why they sent me that letter especially since I am in a chapter 7. There is no way I am reaffirming that debt.  I may try to get back in but I am not paying to do so. If you try let me know your luck. 

I am calling today to find out their post BK policy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok here goes the info I just got:

The rep informed me that after BK there is no blacklist. 

The first step is calling 1800-381-9883 and leaving a message, they will call back within 48 business hours.

You have to make sure the BK dept has you in the clear and there is no block against your SSN.

After that is done, you are free to reapply. Of course that means going back thru the original credit check etc and results may vary.

If I remember correctly though, when I got my Star Card and my Take it Home Today card....my credit was pretty crappy so hopefully I will be able to get back in. 

hope this info helps

Message 6 of 11
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Did you re apply? I filed in July and they reported me as a charge off/collection instead which would be inaccurate I guess as I didn't miss any payments.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SSH0126 wrote:
Did you re apply? I filed in July and they reported me as a charge off/collection instead which would be inaccurate I guess as I didn't miss any payments.

sure did.....got denied.

i'm waiting for the letter to tell me why, then I will call for a recon.

I applied online and i've heard in the past that applying on base is almost automatic approval

Message 8 of 11
SSH0126
Established Contributor

really we both applied online when we got ours and got approved. did you call in to speak with someone? When I applied years ago I was able to call in and get the status and was advised of approval and whatever other questions I had at the time...

@Anonymous wrote:

@SSH0126 wrote:

sure did.....got denied.

i'm waiting for the letter to tell me why, then I will call for a recon.

I applied online and i've heard in the past that applying on base is almost automatic approval

Message 9 of 11
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Greed1911,

What were their reasoning for denial? Did you recon or decide to leave it alone?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.