Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaffirmed Car Note

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reaffirmed Car Note

I have a question regarding my reaffirmed car note.

I filed for bankruptcy in August 2015 and I was discharged December 2015.

I reaffirmed my car loan on December 4th.

I continued to make payment through the course of my bankruptcy.

In September I received a notice from the lender stating that I would have a credit on my account due to them settling a lawsuit. So I short payed them for that month. When my car payments started to report back they had me marked 30 days late from August until January due to the filing of bankruptcy in August and the short payment in September. I have NEVER been late on my car payments (even before filing for bankruptcy), Is there anything I can do about this? My credit score has suffered because of this.

The lender will not budge.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Reaffirmed Car Note

@Anonymous wrote:

In September I received a notice from the lender stating that I would have a credit on my account due to them settling a lawsuit. So I short payed them for that month. When my car payments started to report back they had me marked 30 days late from August until January due to the filing of bankruptcy in August and the short payment in September. I have NEVER been late on my car payments (even before filing for bankruptcy), Is there anything I can do about this? My credit score has suffered because of this.

The damage is done and I don't think that you can change it ... but you can certainly ask for a goodwill exception. The correct way to handle credits on instllment loan accounts is to ask for a check. Sorry for your situation. Let us know if the lender helps you will a goodwill update of your account.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reaffirmed Car Note

@ezdriver wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The damage is done and I don't think that you can change it ... but you can certainly ask for a goodwill exception. The correct way to handle credits on instllment loan accounts is to ask for a check. Sorry for your situation. Let us know if the lender helps you will a goodwill update of your account.

I figured as much. I just wanted to get other opinion.

I dont know why that didn even dawn on me as an option!

This lender sucks! LBVS!!!!

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.