Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaffirmed an Loan account, but now its showing as closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reaffirmed an Loan account, but now its showing as closed

I had my bankruptcy discharged in February '09. I only reaffirmed one account, and as far as I can recall they were supposed to keep the account open as long as I continued to make timely payments. I have not been late nor missed a payment, yet I now see on my three reports that the account has been closed. What can I do to have it report properly? I've contacted the company, Wells Fargo, and they claim that the payments were getting to them late, even though it was always processed through their website and taken directly from my account before the due date.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GWilliam
Valued Member

Re: Reaffirmed an Loan account, but now its showing as closed

Sounds like Wells Fargo made out... got you to reaffirm your account and then closed it on you! That is why my attorney told me to let go and stop paying on a Cap One account I have had for years (never late or over the limit), when I filed Bk and not reaffirm the account. Most credit companies close accounts even with a zero balance after you file for Bk. Maybe after you pay it off they may consider opening an account for you

Starting Score: EQ 530 TU 550
Current Score: EQ 693 TU 697
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.