cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaffirmed debt not reporting after ch 7 discharge

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Reaffirmed debt not reporting after ch 7 discharge

I was discharged from a ch7 bankruptcy in Aug 2018. I reaffirmed my mortgage, car loan and student loan. Pulled my credit this week and noticed a discrepancy in all 3 bureaus, they each reported only one of the reaffirmed debt as current and open and not the other two. I was current on my mortgage through the whole bankruptcy and became current on the car and student loan within a month of discharge. I was really hoping that these accounts will each report so I can rebuild my credit score and file. What can o do to ensure that they each report to each credit agency? Also what I am I do to bring my scores up. They range from 590 to 620. I plan on trying for a capital one card that I can use monthly, let it report then pay it off. Any pointers will help! Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Senior Contributor

Re: Reaffirmed debt not reporting after ch 7 discharge

It takes time after a DC for everything to update. Give it 60 days from DC date and go from there. Most creditors that you reaffirm with dont report during the proceedings until the DC is completed. It will show no data. Then it kicks back in reporting like it did before the BK around 30+ days after they report again. Be patient. You might, and I mean might, just get a small score increase after its all done. Then check Cap1's pre-qual.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 4
Valued Member

Thanks for responding! I do appreciate any and every info I can get. I just looked up
my discharge and it was on October 24th,2018 so definitely past 60 days. Anything I can do to clean up the files?
Message 3 of 4
Senior Contributor

Sorry I'm not experienced on home & student loan stuff. Maybe @RobertEG will pop in and handle your questions.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.