Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding After Chapter 7 Discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding After Chapter 7 Discharge

I have a charge-off from cap-1 years ago and they gave me their GM Affiliate card with a $300 limit a few years back. I paid it off a few months before filing Ch 7. After my discharge, like a couple of days after, I was approved for a 1k Plat. I used the upgrade link at 5 months  https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade and they gave me a QS (not a QS1 like I was expecting). Hopefully, this was not a mistake. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One sued me for only 4k and got a judgement. The crooked law firm that handled the case never served me. I believe it's called sand bagging. If I had been served, they would have gotten the judgement anyway, but I just don't like how it happened. And I don't know, if they're still going on suing sprees for those who default, but in my case only 4k seems like a meger amount to sue for. In addition to that, they were calling my neighbors 4 times a day to try to locate me. They harassed my neighbors for months trying to collect. Unsure whether they're still doing these things but it's something to consider. I'd never go back to them.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got discharged 2 days ago from CH7 wondering if i should go for it too. No luck on the prequalify link. FICO Scores EX 522 EQ 569 TR 505

Message 13 of 19
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Yeah me too for about 1500 and still no prequalifies 

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one has a pre-qualified link you can check to see aproval odds beofore doing a hard pull

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One sued me and got a judgement for $1300. Account due to fall off in 2021 and IIB. They’ve already let me back in with a higher limit than what I had before. Approved for Platinum with no af and a 2k limit. I believe the charge off being so old is the reason. 

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

First post!

I had a pretty good situation going on until my income took a big hit in a year I owed a lot to the IRS (self-employed). I got sidetracked from my WF CC (which admittedly I never really paid much attention due to lack of education and the ignorance of being young, 21, and wealthy...so I thought and by my standards at the time anyway) and let it default. That, plus a medical bill that should've been covered but in the end wasn't (you know how that goes..."oh joy")... I ended up with over $35k in debt - old, in collections, just rotting. Filed a Ch7 in June, DC in October, and jumped right back into the game. Secured CC - check. Self (Lender) Installment Loan - check. Anything else anyone recommends?

Btw, worth mentioning that not all of the accounts are updated on my credit reports, fitting as it hasn't even been 30 days since the DC. Also waiting to hear back from the IRS. My tax debt qualified for DC under their criteria, so we'll see if that holds. Many attorneys say yes, but with the IRS...

Glad to see from being a long-time reader that fresh starts and come-ups are still a thing in this credit world. Best to everyone on their journey!

Joel

Message 17 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AnonymousWhy dont you copy and paste your post and start a new thread. This thread is old and we can help you out and answer any question you have. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@AnonymousWhy dont you copy and paste your post and start a new thread. This thread is old and we can help you out and answer any question you have. 

Will do, thanks!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.