Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding after bk

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding after bk

1yr after bk. Scores tran(646) exp(651)equ(676). Cards. Capital1(1000) 2 Credit1 (800&850) Premier (600). Utilization less than 10%. No auto/mortgage. 1 student loan at 14,000. My score is at a standstill is there any suggestions on what I could do to increase it my score
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Rebuilding after bk

@Anonymous wrote:
1yr after bk. Scores tran(646) exp(651)equ(676). Cards. Capital1(1000) 2 Credit1 (800&850) Premier (600). Utilization less than 10%. No auto/mortgage. 1 student loan at 14,000. My score is at a standstill is there any suggestions on what I could do to increase it my score

Are your reports reflecting correctly? Meaning...your actual TU, EQ, EX reports....Any accts IIB should state that on your reports, and should be a $0 balance.  Do you have any lates after your BK? I would use all your cards, but only let ONE card report a small balance between 1-5% for optimal scoring...1% is the ideal.  Dont let all your cards report each month a balance,  ONLY ONE, that ONE card report like 1%. So, for example, PIF before your statements cut on your credit one cards and FP, and let your cap1 report like $10.00, you'll see a little jump.

I did that for my first 2 yrs post DC, and micromanaged the heck out of my cards, now I let up to 6 cards report a small balance, and my util reporting is like 2-4%, but then again I have a ton of credit and several cards, so I can do that.  Try my suggestion for a few months, and see if that doesnt give you a small boost. You already have a SL reporting for a loan, so no need to get a secured loan. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for a response. I’ve been doing just that leaving like $12 on one card. I’ll try just a dollar hopefully it helps
Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for a response. I’ve been doing just that leaving like $12 on one card. I’ll try just a dollar hopefully it helps

$12 is fine. I wouldnt let $1 report beause some lenders dont report it, and if that happenes then you have 0% util reporting, and your scores will dip.  FICO cant give you a score if theres no revolving to score! Smiley Wink  What do you have negative reporting still? 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t have anything reporting negative that I know of. I only have the accounts I mentioned all are in good standings never late.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.