Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received discharge yesterday!!!!

tag
JLinCA
Established Member

Received discharge yesterday!!!!

Thank you all for your posts. I have written letters to the CRA to update all accounts and will mail today. I am a NFCU member and will get the nRewards secured card today. I will then follow SoulMasters plan to the tee! Minus CapitalOne as they were IIB.

"" height="50">

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Received discharge yesterday!!!!

Grats, now is the time to start your rebuild as you have indicated Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on achieving a fresh start financially.

Message 3 of 21
JLinCA
Established Member

Just mailed off my letters to all three CRA with CMRRR. Best $19.47 spent this month!

"" height="50">

Message 4 of 21
JLinCA
Established Member

Thank you gdale and ezdriver!

"" height="50">

Message 5 of 21
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I don't know who Soulmaster is or his/her plan but I can tell you that I had a Cap 1 card IIB and my Chapter 7 was discharged in Aug of 2013 and they gave me 2 unsecured cards in Sept. of 2013, just one month later. My husband also was approved for 2 cards with Cap 1 right after BK7 and his limits were 300 and $2000 respectively. He also included Cap 1 in our BK. Also,  we both had Wal-mart and Barclay's Bank IIB and we just got approved for a Barclay's Bank MC today with a $1500 limit for me and $1800 for him, and a Walmart card 5 months ago with a $400 starting limit and just got a CLI of $900 a couple of days ago. Cap 1 also financed my new car in Sept 2013 with zero down and gave me 14.49% interest, which is not too bad for being less than a month out of BK. There is definetely hope after BK! I have been blown away at how easy it has been. Good luck on your journey. 

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 6 of 21
lizz01
Valued Member

Congratulations! I can't wait until my discharge. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 21
JLinCA
Established Member

Thanks DivaOfSongs! My score is still in low 500's. I think once my NFCU secured card hits my credit report I'll be good to go with a Cap1 card!

"" height="50">

Message 8 of 21
JLinCA
Established Member

Thanks lizz01! The hardest part of waiting was the time after the last day for creditors. By then you're so anxious to start the rebuild process. Good luck!

"" height="50">

Message 9 of 21
purplepenguin7
Established Member

Congrats! I'm waiting for mine. Good to hear you have a fresh start and a plan!

2010 score: 570
2013 score: 540
Ch 7 filed 11/13
Score 2/14: 625
Score after discharge (late 3/14): 632
Goal: 675 by 2015
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.